Coaching Questions for Your Team
The Pull Model is a coaching mindset of high performance leaders that makes all the difference in the world. Instead of basing your leadership on having to push your team for performance, you can actually use attraction to empower them to fulfill their potential. Instead of trying to force them for certain outcomes using fear, consequences or threats try tapping into their personal vision, goals and talents. In fact, if you haven’t realized it already…you can’t make people do anything, people do things for their own reasons!
Questions to Discover People’s Internal Drivers
1. What do you want to be doing that you aren’t currently doing?
2. What areas do you want to improve?
3. What is most important to you in your life/career?
4. How can I best hold you accountable for achieving the results you want to achieve?
5. How do you want me to approach you if you don’t follow through with the commitments that you make?
Questions help people uncover their personal “Why’s”. When people understand their Why’s they will use their own energy to achieve the goals. This definitely beats using your energy to try to drive them.
What other coaching questions do you use?